Identity Thief Returns to Top Spot at Box Office with $14 Million
Identity Thief stole the box office crown during what was a slow weekend at theaters across the country.
The Melissa McCarthy-Jason Bateman comedy earned an estimated 14.1 million dollars to finish in first place. The film debuted in the top spot two weeks ago, then relinquished it to A Good Day to Die Hard last week.
The Dwayne Johnson drama Snitch opened in the second spot, raising 13 million dollars.
A Good Day to Die Hard, Bruce Willis' fifth film in the series, plummeted to fifth place, with 10 million.
The Keri Russell thriller Dark Skies premiered in sixth place, raising 8.9 million dollars.
Here are the top 10 movies from Friday, February 22nd, through Sunday, February 24th, with estimated ticket sales, according to Hollywood.com:
1. Identity Thief, $14.1 million.
2. Snitch, $13 million.
3. Escape From Planet Earth, $11 million.
4. Safe Haven, $10.6 million.
5. A Good Day to Die Hard, $10 million.
6. Dark Skies, $8.9 million.
7. Silver Linings Playbook, $6.1 million.
8. Warm Bodies, $4.8 million.
9. Side Effects, $3.6 million.
10. Beautiful Creatures, $3.4 million.