Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters captured the box office crown over the weekend.
The fantasy update, starring Jeremy Renner, opened in first place by earning an estimated 19 million dollars.
Last week's top film, Mama, slipped to the second spot, with 12.8 million.
Jason Statham and Jennifer Lopez's action flick, Parker, debuted in fifth place, raising just seven million dollars.
The raunchy comedy Movie 43 fared even worse. Despite the star power of Halle Berry, Kate Winslet, Hugh Jackman and numerous other A-listers, the film premiered in seventh place, with five million dollars.
Here are the top 10 movies from Friday, January 25th, through Sunday, January 27th, with estimated ticket sales, according to Hollywood.com:
1. Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters, $19 million.
2. Mama, $12.8 million.
3. Silver Linings Playbook, $10 million.
4. Zero Dark Thirty, $9.8 million.
5. Parker, $7 million.
6. Django Unchained, $5 million.
7. Movie 43, $5 million.
8. Gangster Squad,$4.2 million.
9. Broken City, $4 million.
10. Les Miserables, $3.9 million.