The Dark Knight Rises Tops Box Office Again with $36.4 Million
The Dark Knight Rises did not fall out of the top spot at the box office over the weekend.
The Batman sequel earned an estimated 36.4 million dollars to reach number one for the third weekend in a row. It has now made about 355 million at the domestic box office.
The weekends two new releases fared well, too. The Total Recall remake, starring Colin Farrell, debuted in second place, with 26 million dollars, and the family-friendly sequel Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days opened in the third spot, with 14.7 million.
Here are the top 10 movies from Friday, August 3rd, through Sunday, August 5th, with estimated ticket sales:
1. The Dark Knight Rises, $36.4 million.
2. Total Recall, $26 million.
3. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days, $14.7 million.
4. Ice Age: Continental Drift, $8.4 million.
5. The Watch, $6.35 million.
6. Ted, $5.5 million.
7. Step Up Revolution, $5.7 million.
8. The Amazing Spider-Man, $4.3 million.
9. Brave, $2.9 million.
10. Magic Mike, $1.4 million.
Provided by ABC News Radio